It’s hard to pick out specific highlights from a 12-month period so I won’t even try. Instead, I’ve listed a topical recap for my life over the last 12-months.
- The kids are growing up…fast! It was a big year as we celebrated Aubri’s 2nd birthday & Owen’s 1st birthday. I never would have imagined being a parent of 2 at this point in my life but I couldn’t imagine it any other way! Aubri is a princess who loves chocolate & Owen is a brute who eats anything you put in front of his face. 100% girl & 100% boy.
- I love my wife. Kristyn & I celebrated our 5-year anniversary in August & I cannot tell you how much I love this girl! She’s an amazing, sexy wife, a gentle, caring mother & a loyal, compassionate friend. She sets an example others can follow & leads with confidence. I am reminded every day that I truly married up 🙂
- Change is good. If I rewind the clock to a year ago today, Centerpoint looked completely different than it does now! God has grown us in so many ways & this year will forever remind me that change, really is good because it brings about growth. I have a feeling 2010 was only the beginning of the change God has in store for us.
- Coordinators to Leaders. We’ve got a bunch of bi-vocational leaders at CP & 2010 was the year I saw many of them start making the transition from Coordinators to being Leaders. Coordinators delegate tasks but leaders delegate responsibility & train up other leaders around them. Being bi-vocational has forced all of us to become stronger leaders faster & it’s been amazing to watch it happen.
- Thank God for my job. In October I took a job with Nationwide as an Associate Agent through the Joel Gerber Insurance Agency. It has allowed me the freedom & flexibility to pastor Centerpoint as well as provide for my family. This is not what I envisioned when we moved here to plant a church but I am so thankful God is in control instead of me. He’s got it all figured out.
- Friends & Family. For whatever reason, this has been a year where I’ve been able to put my relationships with family & friends in perspective & see how truly blessed I am! I have one of the best, most loyal support system in the world & I am so thankful for that. I only pray that I can give back the love & support my family & friends have given to me.
Happy New Year Folks! I’ll see you in 2011!